Dan Heng is earliest dps character in Honkai Star Rail. You can get him and some other character like March 7 and Asta for free in tutorial and might be using him for a while. Since player will facing a lot of wind-weak enemies early game, you will use Dan Heng a lot.
With proper light cone and relics, you can breezely pass all mobs and boss in the story without problem.
Dan Heng is a cold and reserved young man who is reticent about his past. To avoid his kin, he decided to travel with the Astral Express.
Dan Heng Build
Dan Heng is single target dps with wind element. You will face a lot of wind-weak enemies in the game so you might want to use him for a while. He is also excellent for other content like Forgotten Halls and early stages o fHerta Simulated World.
Best Light Cones
Getting Light Cone with effect of ATK, CRIT DMG, and CRIT Rate is your main priority.
- In the Night: Increases the wearer’s CRIT Rate by 18/21/24/27/30%. While the wearer is in battle, for every 10 SPD that exceeds 100, the DMG of the wearer’s Basic ATK and Skill is increased by 6/7/8/9/10% and the CRIT DMG of their Ultimate is increased by 12/14/16/18/20%. This effect can stack up to 6 time(s).
- Sleep Like the Dead: Increases the wearer’s CRIT DMG by 30/35/40/45/50%. When the wearer’s Basic ATK or Skill does not result in a CRIT Hit, increases their CRIT Rate by 36/42/48/54/60% for 1 turn(s). This effect can only trigger once every 3 turn(s).
- Swordplay: For each time the wearer hits the same target, DMG dealt increases by 8/10/12/14/16%, stacking up to 5 time(s). This effect will be dispelled when the wearer changes targets.
- Cruising in the Stellar Sea: Increases the wearer’s CRIT rate by 8/10/12/14/16%, and increases their CRIT rate against enemies with HP less than or equal to 50% by an extra 8/10/12/14/16%. When the wearer defeats an enemy, their ATK is increased by 20/25/30/35/40% for 2 turn(s).
- Only Silence Remains: Increases ATK of its wearer by 16/20/24/28/32%. If there are 2 or fewer enemies on the field, increases wearer’s CRIT Rate by 12/15/18/21/24%.
- River Flows in Spring: After entering battle, increases the wearer’s SPD by 8/9/10/11/12% and DMG by 12/15/18/21/24%. When the wearer takes DMG, this effect will disappear. This effect will resume after the end of the wearer’s next turn.
Relics and Planar Ornaments
Dan Heng is Wind DPS character with single target attack. Getting relics with Wind DMG and ATK is your priority.
With that consideration, 4 set of Eagle of Twilight Line from Cavern of Corrosion: Path of Gelid Wind in Herta Space Station Storage Zone is your first choice. Your second choice is combination between 2 Eagle of Twilight Line and 2 Musketeer of Wild Wheat.
|4 Eagle of Twilight Line||(2) Increases Wind DMG by 10%.|
(4) After the wearer uses Ultimate, their action is Advanced Forward by 25%.
|2 Eagle of Twilight Line + 2 Musketeer of Wild Wheat||(2) Increases Wind DMG by 10%.|
(2) ATK increases by 12%
For Planar Ornament, your best choice will be Space Sealing Station from Herta Simulated Universe World 3 with effect below:
|Space Sealing Station||(2) Increases the wearer’s ATK by 12%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 120 or higher, the wearer’s ATK increases by an extra 12%.|
Dan Heng is pretty standard dps character that focuses on ATK, CRIT Rate, and CRIT DMG. As usual, try to have 1:2 ratio between CRIT Rate:CRIT DMG.
|Body||Feet||Planar Sphere||Link Rope|
|CRIT Rate||Speed||Wind DMG||ATK%|
Dan Heng Best Team?
Starter team with all other free characters from story and tutorial gacha.
Of course, you can change it later depend on what character you get from Departure Warp (50 rolls) and other SR/SSR character. For example, in my case I got Seele later from limited banner
after losing 50:50 and replace him with Seele, until now.
Dan Heng Ascension Materials
Here’s all materials required to ascend Dan Heng from level 1-80.
Skills and Eidolon
|Knight Spear Technique: North Wind|
Deals Wind DMG equal to 50% of Dan Heng’s ATK to a single enemy.
|Knight Spear Technique: Torrent|
Deals Wind DMG equal to 130% of Dan Heng’s ATK to a single enemy. On a CRIT Hit, there is a 100% base chance to reduce the target’s SPD by 15% for 2 turn(s).
|Ethereal Dream (Ultimate)||Single Target|
Deals Wind DMG equal to 240% of Dan Heng’s ATK to a single enemy. If the enemy is Slowed, Dan Heng’s Ultimate’s DMG multiplier increases by 72%.
|1||The Higher You Are, the Harder You Fall||When the target enemy’s current HP is greater than or equal to 50% of their Max HP, Dan Heng’s CRIT Rate increases by 15%.|
|2||Control the Malice, Extinguish the Flame||Reduces Talent cooldown by 1 turn.|
|3||Seen and Unseen||Skill Lv. +2, up to a maximum of Lv. 15 . Basic ATK Lv. +1, up to a maximum of Lv. 10.|
|4||Balance Like the Sun in the Sky||When using Dan Heng’s Ultimate to defeat an enemy, his next action is Advanced Forward by 100%.|
|5||A Drop of Rain Feeds a Torrent||Ultimate Lv. +2, up to a maximum of Lv. 15 . Talent Lv. +2, up to a maximum of Lv. 15.|
|6||The Troubled Soul Lies in Wait||Slow triggered by Skill reduces the enemy’s SPD by an additional 10%.|