Tingyun is the best 4 star character in Honkai Star Rail in release of version 1.0, no doubt. She’s super buffer and will help to increase your team overall damage, and is a “must to include” character if you are running hypercarry team which focused on 1 dps character.
Tingyun is amicassador of the Sky-Faring Comission of the Xianzhou Luofu. She travels with business delegates, forging trade relationships and alliances with many worlds.
Tingyun Build Guide
Tingyun skill will boost single ally ATK, increasing it’s damage and add additional lightning damage when hitting enemies. Her ultimate is also single target, increases DMG and restores 50 energy for the ally. It’s especially useful for character with high energy requirement like recently released Jing Yuan.
Tingyun is most recommended to use for hypercarry team for dps character: Clara, Jing Yuan, Seele, Yanqing, etc. If you have Bronya, you can bring her along with Tingyun. Bronya will give ATK + CRIT buff and force advance turn and Tingyun will give ATK boost and energy for more reliable ultimate spamming.
Tingyun Best Light Cone
- But the Battle Isn’t Over: Increases the wearer’s Energy Regeneration Rate by 10/12/14/16/18% and regenerates 1 Skill Point when the wearer uses their Ultimate on an ally. This effect can be triggered after every 2 uses of the wearer’s Ultimate. When the wearer uses their Skill, the next ally taking action (except the wearer) deals 30/35/40/45/50% more DMG for 1 turn(s).
- Dance! Dance! Dance!: When the wearer uses their Ultimate, all allies’ actions are Advanced Forward by 16/18/20/22/24%
- Carve the Moon, Weave the Clouds: At the start of the battle and whenever the wearer’s turn begins, one of the following effects is applied randomly: All allies’ ATK increases by 10/12.5/15/17.5/20%, all allies’ CRIT DMG increases by 12/15/18/21/24%, or all allies’ Energy Regeneration Rate increases by 6/7.5/9/10.5/12%. The applied effect cannot be identical to the last effect applied, and will replace the previous effect. The applied effect will be removed when the wearer has been knocked down. Effects of the similar type cannot be stacked.
- Chorus: After entering battle, increases the ATK of all allies by 8/9/10/11/12%. Effects of the same type cannot stack.
- Past and Future: When the wearer uses their Skill, then the next ally taking action (except the wearer) deals 16/20/24/28/32% increased DMG for 1 turn(s).
- Memories of the Past: Increases the wearer’s Break Effect by 28/35/42/49/56%. When the wearer attacks, additionally regenerates 4/5/6/7/8 Energy. This effect can only be triggered 1 time per turn.
Best Relic and Planar Sets
|4 Musketeer of Wild Wheat||(2) ATK increases by 12%.|
(4) The wearer’s SPD increases by 6% and Basic ATK DMG increases by 10%.
|Fleet of the Ageless||(2) Increases the wearer’s Max HP by 12%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 120 or higher, all allies’ ATK increases by 8%.|
|Body||Feet||Planar Sphere||Link Rope|
|ATK%||Speed/ATK%||ATK%||Energy Regen Rate|
HP and DEF is recommended for secondary stats after SPD and ATK since she is quite squishy.
|Speed > ATK% > HP% > DEF%|
Best Team for Tingyun
As I said before, Tingyun is best to use for Hypercarry team which focused on 1 dps character (+Bronya) but she still can work with any team, as long as you need buff you can put Tingyun in that free slot.
Regular F2P Team
Usual “play safe” party with healer and tank, average in terms of damage but higher rate of survivability.
Classic F2P team with Sushang as dps, Fire Trailblazer as tank, Natasha as healer, and Tingyun as buffer
Team with Fire Trailblazer as tank, Clara as DPS carry, Pela as debuffer, and Tingyun as buffer.
Hypercarry Jing Yuan
Team with Jing Yuan as dps carry, Bronya and Tingyun as buffer, and healer (Natasha or Bailu)
Hypercarry team pretty much have same format with the difference only on dps character. Usually you run 2 buffer: Bronya, 1 dps carry like Seele, Yanqing, Jing Yuan, Sushang, etc and tank or healer in the last slot.
Use your dps carry like Yanqing, Seele, Sushang, etc.
Ascension Materials and Stats (Lv 1-80)
Skills and Eidolon
Tingyun deals Lightning DMG equal to 50% of her ATK to a single enemy.
Increases the ATK of a single ally by 25% , up to a value no greater than 15% of Tingyun’s current ATK and Blesses the ally. The Blessed ally deals additional Lightning DMG equal to 20% of their ATK when hitting enemies for 3 turns. Bless is only effective on the most recent receiver of Tingyun’s Skill.
|Ritual of the Auspicious Cloud|
Regenerates 50 Energy for a target ally and increases the target’s DMG by 20% for 3 turn(s).
Upon hitting the enemy, Tingyun deals extra Lightning DMG equal to 30% of the ATK of the Blessed character.
Tingyun immediately regenerates 50 Energy upon using her Technique.
|1||Windfall of Lucky Springs||The Blessed ally’s SPD increases by 20% for 1 turn after using their Ultimate.|
|2||A Grateful Beneficiary||The Blessed ally regenerates 10 Energy after defeating an enemy. This effect can only be triggered once per turn.|
|3||Gift of the Old Verdant Home||Ultimate Lv. +2, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Basic ATK Lv. +1, up to a maximum of Lv. 10.|
|4||Jovial Versatility||DMG multiplier of Bless increases by 20%.|
|5||Sauntering Coquette||Skill Lv. +2, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Talent Lv. +2, up to a maximum of Lv. 15.|
|6||Peace Brings Wealth to All||The Energy regenerated by Tingyun’s Ultimate for the target ally increases by 10.|