Yanqing is 5 star single target damage dealer with Ice element in Honkai Star Rail. He is Jing Yuan student, and already make appearance in Xianzhou Luofu main story. After trying him in my alt account, I can say that he is a bit overkill for early game so having him will make your early progress much easier.
He is General Jing Yuan‘s retainer. A gifted swordsman who hasn’t even come of age. No one can best him when Yanqing holds a sword in hand.
Best Yanqing Build
As damage dealer, He depend a lot on usual 3 stats: CRIT DMG, CRIT Rate, and ATK. As usual, try to get 1:2 ratio between CRIT Rate:CRIT DMG. You can focus more on CRIT DMG instead of CRIT Rate since his ultimate will increase both stats by a lot, with more gain on CRIT Rate.
Yanqing Light Cones
- In the Night: Increases the wearer’s CRIT Rate by 18/21/24/27/30%. While the wearer is in battle, for every 10 SPD that exceeds 100, the DMG of the wearer’s Basic ATK and Skill is increased by 6/7/8/9/10% and the CRIT DMG of their Ultimate is increased by 12/14/16/18/20%. This effect can stack up to 6 time(s).
- Sleep Like the Dead: Increases the wearer’s CRIT DMG by 30/35/40/45/50%. When the wearer’s Basic ATK or Skill does not result in a CRIT Hit, increases their CRIT Rate by 36/42/48/54/60% for 1 turn(s). This effect can only trigger once every 3 turn(s).
- Swordplay: For each time the wearer hits the same target, DMG dealt increases by 8/10/12/14/16%, stacking up to 5 time(s). This effect will be dispelled when the wearer changes targets.
- Cruising in the Stellar Sea: Increases the wearer’s CRIT rate by 8/10/12/14/16%, and increases their CRIT rate against enemies with HP less than or equal to 50% by an extra 8/10/12/14/16%. When the wearer defeats an enemy, their ATK is increased by 20/25/30/35/40% for 2 turn(s).
- River Flows in Spring: After entering battle, increases the wearer’s SPD by 8/9/10/11/12% and DMG by 12/15/18/21/24%. When the wearer takes DMG, this effect will disappear. This effect will resume after the end of the wearer’s next turn.
- Only Silence Remains: Increases ATK of its wearer by 16/20/24/28/32%. If there are 2 or fewer enemies on the field, increases wearer’s CRIT Rate by 12/15/18/21/24%.
Best Relic Sets
|4 Hunter of Glacial Forest||(2) Increases Ice DMG by 10%.|
(4) After the wearer unleashes their Ultimate, their CRIT DMG increases by 25% for 2 turn(s).
|2 Hunter of Glacial Forest + 2 Musketeer of Wild Wheat||(2) Increases Ice DMG by 10%.|
(2) ATK increases by 12%
|Space Sealing Station||(2) Increases the wearer’s ATK by 12%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 120 or higher, the wearer’s ATK increases by an extra 12%.|
|Body||Feet||Planar Sphere||Link Rope|
|CRIT DMG||ATK%||Ice DMG||ATK%|
|Crit DMG > ATK% > Speed|
Best Team for Yanqing
F2P Starter Team
Assuming you get Yanqing from 50 roll departure warp, you can replace Dan Heng with him and keep the rest.
Yanqing Freeze Team
Freeze team with Yanqing as main damage dealer March 7th as shield and freeze support, Pela as debuffer, and Natasha as healer.
Yanqing Carry Team
Usual hypercarry team with Tingyun and Bronya as buffer, also Natasha or Bailu as healer.
Ascension Materials and Stats (Lv 1-80)
Skills and Eidolon
|Cold Light, Cold Blade|
Deals Ice DMG equal to 50% of Yanqing’s ATK to a single enemy.
Deals Ice DMG equal to 110% of Yanqing’s ATK to a single enemy and activates Empathic Sword Link for 1 turn.
|Swallow’s Pluvious Pursuit|
Increases Yanqing’s CRIT Rate by 60%. When Empathic Sword Link is active, increases Yanqing’s CRIT DMG by an extra 30% for 1 turn before dealing Ice DMG equal to 210% of Yanqing’s ATK to a single enemy.
When Empathic Sword Link is active, Yanqing is less likely to be attacked by enemies. Yanqing’s CRIT Rate increases by 15% and his CRIT DMG increases by 15%. After Yanqing attacks an enemy, there is a 50% fixed chance to perform a follow-up attack, dealing Ice DMG equal to 25% of Yanqing’s ATK to the enemy, which has a 65% base chance to Freeze the enemy for 1 turn. The Frozen target cannot take actions and receives Ice DoT equal to 25% of Yanqing’s ATK at the beginning of each turn. When Yanqing receives DMG, the Empathic Sword Link effect will disappear.
After using his Technique, at the beginning of the next battle, Yanqing deals 30% more DMG for 3 turn(s) to targets whose current HP is equal to or higher than 40% of Yanqing’s Max HP.
|1||Clean Blade||When Yanqing attacks a Frozen enemy, he deals Ice DMG equal to 100% of his ATK and removes the Frozen effect on the target immediately.|
|2||No-Mind||When Empathic Sword Link is active, Energy Regeneration Rate increases by an additional 12%.|
|3||Gifted Swordsman||Skill Lv. +2, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Basic ATK Lv. +1, up to a maximum of Lv. 10.|
|4||Impaling Rime||When his current HP is above 80% of his Max HP, Yanqing’s Ice RES PEN increases by 20%.|
|5||Born to Fight||Ultimate Lv. +2, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Talent Lv. +2, up to a maximum of Lv. 15.|
|6||Clean Footwork||If an enemy is defeated while Yanqing is receiving buffs from his Ultimate, the duration of said buffs increases by 1 turn.|